Monday, July 12, 2010

that stressed the Dickens out of me!

Amaya made my head hurt! I don't know if my copy was being buggy, but I just couldn't get the darn program to run smoothly.
I decided to try and type the code into notepad, but I struggled with figuring out how to make margins and a fixed width.

When I downloaded Kompozer as a last minute attempt, I finally got the site to format the excerpt into a book like view.

I didn't research old books quite as much as some of my classmates, but I'm hoping that what I did was sufficient.

Now on to finished up our latest essay. Bring on the copyright issues!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I gave up on KompoZer and worked with the code directly.

    These programs are okay, and if you don't know any html before this course, well, it's not the time to learn, but if you know a bit, the w3 schools area great resource (for me, to get up to speed on everything that's changed in the last 10 years!)

    For the styling, I relied mostly on a link from the American Notes wikipedia article (linking to internet archive) which showed some styling. But I guess the point is to be able to do the styling, not whether or not it comes close to the real thing? At least I hope so.

    ReplyDelete