Thursday, July 22, 2010

I got a new gig!

I interviewed this week at the Spring City Library, part of the Chester County Library System for their Director position on Monday. They called on Tuesday to offer me the position, and Wednesday I accepted!

I cannot even express how excited I am. I'm scared to death of what to expect, and every time I think about it, I get a little queasy (I've never actually had to manage a staff before!)
But the board and I clicked immediately, we were both on on the same page in regards to creating a community space at the library, and they LOVE my focus on programming and getting out into the town and partnering with different groups.

They, of course, expressed a concern about getting teens into the library, so we'll see what we can do to make that happen.
Part of the issue is that it's a one room building, so the teens are literally sitting on top of the adults and that's probably a deterrent, but maybe some after-hours coffee houses and things like that will bring them in.
Also the giant "NO SKATEBOARDING" sign usually translates to "WE HATE SKATERS" in teen-speak.

They're getting ready for a rebuild in the near future, so I will get to experience what it's like to build a library from the ground up. (Again, makes my stomach turn with nerves)

And I thought the most exciting part of this week was getting new glasses! (I'm bringing emo back!)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Nicole! I'm so happy for you. You'll love every minute of your new job. Sounds like a perfect fit for you.

    ReplyDelete