Sunday, May 23, 2010

Week 2 Lecture

I found it very fortuitous that this weeks discussion was on operating systems. I am having issues with my wireless connection lately. It's almost like the wireless reader in my laptop has just disappeared.

It turns out that one of the possible issues has to do with a BIOS update gone wrong. I had no idea what that meant until this class. I'm not much closer to figuring out how to fix my problem, but at least I understand what's going on a little bit more.

I'm also realizing that it might be time to back up my files and restore my computer to factory defaults. After 5 years, there are just little bits of program that didn't uninstall correctly, items that I can't remove at all, and things that I can't figure out why they're there.

Fingers crossed that I do it correctly!

No comments:

Post a Comment